Change of use ?

Change of use ?

Do I Need Permission - Ask An Expert


Please could you advice me regarding the possibility of buying woodland in Scotland with a view to using it for sporting activity, not shooting ect, but sports such as outdoor gym, fitness classes , trail running and these general sports activity’s.
Also would require the permission to construct a wooden building to facilitate changing and showers and ability to park a Motorhome while working on the site.
The idea is to offer people the opportunity to do physical activity outdoors, training for events such as Spartan racing (Obstacle Course) and just to train outdoors using nature to replace to Gyms and Leisure centres.

Kind Regards

Craig Maude.

Question Posted By – Craig Maude In Area – North West Scotland
This question has been asked in a Scottish region any response below will be specific to Scottish Planning Permission or Building Regulation advice.

  1. Do I Need PermissionDo I Need Permission03-08-2018

    Hi Craig.

    You would need to get planning permission for change of use.

    It would depend on the location and the local councils policies if you would gain permission.

    As a starting point you would be able to speak to your local planning department who should be able to offer some advice that is specific to your proposed site.

    Thanks for using Do I Need Permission

Leave a Reply

Please type the characters of this captcha image in the input box

Please type the characters of this captcha image in the input box