Driveway planning

Driveway planning

Do I Need Permission - Ask An Expert

Do i need permission for a driveway that is going to cross a footpath and is also on a main trunk road?. I will be reversing out onto the main trunk road and over the footpath which is on a school route?

Question Posted By – Kenneth In Area – East Central Scotland
This question has been asked in a Scottish region any response below will be specific to Scottish Planning Permission or Building Regulation advice.

  1. Do I Need PermissionDo I Need Permission01-19-2017

    Hi Kenneth.

    You wouldn’t need planning permission as long as you met the following criteria.

    Your property is not a listed building or in a conservation area.

    The drive is located between the house and a road sharing a boundary with the property.

    The drive must be made of porous materials or provision made to direct run off water from the hard surface to a permeable or porous area or surface within the curtilage of the dwellinghouse.

    You may also need a building warrant if the area of the drive is over 50 square metres.

    You may require permission from your local councils roads department who may also be able to arrange for any road kerbs to be dropped.

    Thanks for using Do I Need Permission.

Leave a Reply

Please type the characters of this captcha image in the input box

Please type the characters of this captcha image in the input box