Renovations – do I need permission
I am planning to buy a property, and found one that is of interest to me. Lots of work needs to be done there though (built in 1989 and not renovated at all).
Do I need permissions in Scotland for :
1) Installing a new boiler and a new hot water storage tank?
2) connecting shower to this new water tank and making new plumbing for it?
3) replacing the bathtub?
4) replacing tiles and anything else in the bathroom (toilet, sink) and kitchen (furniture, oven, sink)?
5) Taking the floor out, insulating it between the structure (timber suspended floor), putting a new one on top?
6) Insulating the attic
7) destroying a non-load bearing wall
8) extending the conservatory or making a new one
9) extending the attic area to another floor (it’s a bungalow)
10) plugin the garage to the electricity
Question Posted By – mateusz tyrk In Area – East Central Scotland
This question has been asked in a Scottish region any response below will be specific to Scottish Planning Permission or Building Regulation advice.