Do I need planning permission to install a satellite dish?
If you are unsure you should check with your local planning department.
What do I need for a satellite dish planning application?
You will be required to provide the following information,
- Application forms (you can download these from your local council’s website)
- An OS based location plan showing the property you wish to install the satellite dish on.
- Detail on the location of the dish (the easiest way to do this may be to take photos of your building and over mark the location of the proposed satellite dish)
- Details on the size, colour of the dish.
Things to consider.
- Where will you locate the dish, try to locate it in a position that cannot be seen from the ground or at ground level so it cannot be seen from a distance.
- You can also paint satellite dishes to blend in with the surrounding environment.
- Remember the dish doesn’t have to be located on a building, it could be in the garden.
- Ensure you locate your dish in a suitable location to provide a good signal.
- If you live in a flatted building consider teaming up with your neighbours to have one communal dish.