Small log cabin for food business

Small log cabin for food business

Do I Need Permission - Ask An Expert

I’m looking at purchasing a property the includes 1.4acres of what it calls paddock land. The property sits right on a main A road, border wall about 70m approx along this road. I have some understanding that if you want to build a log cabin/summerhouse (those that meet the maximum heights in such cases) in close proximity to the original building you do not require planning permission. What I would like to do though is have one of these builds about 30m away from the original property along the wall that borders the main A road. It would be used as a catering take-away unit, this would obviously require plumbing and electrics. I would also like to creat a new access to the unit with a simple gravel car park that could acomdate about 8-10 cars.
So proximity to original property
Purpose (plumbing)
And access.

If anyone is able to give me some basic understanding or possibilities of these requirements it would be much appreciated.


Question Posted By – Nick In Area – North West Scotland
This question has been asked in a Scottish region any response below will be specific to Scottish Planning Permission or Building Regulation advice.

  1. Do I Need PermissionDo I Need Permission11-08-2017

    Hi Nick.

    If this is for a business you would need to apply for a change of use for part of the land.

    This would include the proposed cabin, access, parking etc…

    Thanks for using Do I Need Permission.

Leave a Reply

Please type the characters of this captcha image in the input box

Please type the characters of this captcha image in the input box