welfare unit

welfare unit

Do I Need Permission - Ask An Expert

Hello there, I’m a potter in D&G. I want to move my business home and have been looking at mobile site office/welfare units with a view to putting one in my garden. There is already a static caravan in the garden that has been there for many years, long before I owned the property and also a large garage. I want to keep both of those, which would mean that any new structure would have to be situated in the (large) front garden. Would I need planing consent for a 32ft x 10ft site office?
Many thanks

Question Posted By – doug fitch In Area – Dumfries & Galloway
This question has been asked in a Scottish region any response below will be specific to Scottish Planning Permission or Building Regulation advice.

  1. Hi Doug.

    If it was in the front garden (that faces a road) you would need to apply for planning permission.

    There is permitted development rights for these types of buildings but generally you are restricted to the use and placement for around 30-60 days.

    You might not need permission if it was located in the rear garden but this may be restiricted by what else you have in th garden relating to how much of the garden area is covered by extensions, garages, sheds etc…

    Thanks for using Do I Need Permission.

    • doug fitchdoug fitch01-18-2017

      many thanks for your help, this is a brilliant site

Leave a Reply

Please type the characters of this captcha image in the input box

Please type the characters of this captcha image in the input box